Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Two Posts in One Day!

So, I've just learned something really heartbreakingly sweet.

Teddy Roosevelt, upon his first wife Alice's untimely death due to kidney failure on February 14, 1884, wrote the following in his journal:

X
the light has gone out of my life.


I just thought it was interesting. Heartbreaking and devastating, but an interesting fact about one of our presidents. I had no idea. It's so sad he had to lose his wife on Valentine's Day just a few days after she had given birth to his first child, Alice. 

What's even sadder is her nickname for him was Teddy and, in the many years he lived after his dead, he abhorred the name because it reminded him of her and how she died before their life together really began. 

I don't know if any of you care about this or even read this anymore (since Christy deleted hers! Tsk, tsk), but I just wanted to share this...

Love,
Mella

No comments:

Post a Comment