Monday, January 17, 2011

Technically, This Belongs on Yesterday...

I have very important, very exciting news to share with you.

No, I'm not dating Rupert Grint. WWoHP is not mysteriously relocating to my home. I did not suddenly get my Hogwarts letter. Darren Criss did not give me his number. I'm not going to be an extra on Glee (I was going to say Harry Potter, but they're all filmed, aren't they?) And no, for the last time, I did not win the lottery.

Yesterday afternoon, after being couped up in the house all week, I went to a movie - get this - completely by myself. I didn't go with anyone at all. ME. My anxieties were driving me crazy. I almost hyperventilated getting out of the car but, with help from Jenny, I soldiered through. I was shaking as I handed the guy the money and I probably looked terrified (I was), but I got the ticket, the 3D glasses and headed to theatre 3 where I sat towards the front (where no one sits) and watched Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

Jenny was right, too. After the movie started, I didn't even notice I was alone. And after I left... I just cannot express to you how GOOD I felt.

I had done something alone. Completely independent. Then I actually went IN to order my food at Zaxby's.

I could've cried I was so proud of myself. I never do things like this. Especially not alone. But I did.

Because of this, yesterday was a very good day and I'm just... really proud of myself and really thankful that Jenny and Autumn encouraged me! :)

Love,
Mella

2 comments: