I know we haven't been friends for a really long time, but doesn't it seem like we have? I just cannot imagine my life without you in it. My music taste would suck, I wouldn't have anyone to tell me HONESTLY how I looked, I wouldn't have anyone to play Spot the Douche with, I wouldn't have anyone who loved London and Harry Potter and Rupert exactly how I did and, most importantly, I wouldn't have anyone to disprove. Twice. (Other than Jenny~)
The point I'm trying to make here is that I love you. I love you like a sister that God just awkwardly dropped into another (cooler) family (minus your actual sister.) You're awkward and I think it's fantastic. Together, we're twice as awkward and I'm pretty sure, if we worked it enough, we could rule the world (note: we should try this.) You have amazing taste in music and I love that you understand what I mean when I say I "feel" the music. Music is so important to me and I'm glad it's important to you too. You understand what a struggle it is to want to be an author. You know what it's like to be dying to go to London. You understand me. You know how weird and awkward and lame I can be, but you accept me. You mock me, yes, but you accept me and that means the world to someone who's so rarely been accepted in her life.
What I'm trying to say, very inarticulately, is that you shouldn't be afraid to tell me no or be honest with me if something happens and you're uncomfortable or something. You should always know that I'm cool with whatever you're cool with and I really want you to be happy.
I feel like maybe you need to hear this and if you don't, you can ignore it. I just wanted you to know. I'm here for you if you need to call me at 4AM to scream and cry about a bug or if you just want to vent about someone being an idiot. I'm here to support you on your way to becoming published. I'm here to be your friend. Forever.
Because, you know, gum would be perfection.
Love,
Melly
No comments:
Post a Comment