Saturday, February 12, 2011

It's Been Such a Good Weekend So Far! :D

So, Thursday afternoon, Christy came to visit! :) It was awkward at first (as it generally is with us), but we eventually soldier through it and watched some movies. Then we ate some pizza. Then we watched more movies. Then we ate some pie. Haha. All in all, a pretty good day.

Yesterday, we got up and decided we would go to Rome to try to find her a book and a dress. (Needed for two completely different things.) We got to Calhoun, met with dad, went to Rome and Barnes and Noble didn't have the book. We headdesk'd over that before heading to Ross and finding her the cutest dress ever. :)

Then we decided to go eat at Las Palmas before heading to Berry. It was the first time Christy had been there since she visited me when I lived in Thomas Berry. She hadn't seen the "renovations" yet, so... there was that. We went to the library to see if A. they had the book she needed and B. she could print out the papers she needed for her Poe presentation (which will surely be the best of all the presentations - I know, I've heard it!) However, Berry fails and neither had the book nor let us print. (Excuse me, but if your students are paying five gazillion dollars, can't you afford to let people use your ink without payment? )

So, we decided we'd head to Reinhardt where people can print things for free. We got there, she printed it out and then we headed to Cartersville to get things to make for dinner. We decided to be all nostalgic about it and kick it back to when we lived together. We made Greek Seasoned Chicken and garlic and cheese mashed potatoes. And, of course, we got Ben and Jerry's ice cream! (Phish Food!)

After our spectacular meal, we watched The Wallflower and I've become addicted to see what's going to happen~ (So after this, I'll probably finish it. Only seven more episodes total!)

Christy just left about an hour ago. She had to go to Kennesaw to get a book for Poe.

I had a lot of fun and I'm glad she came. We really do understand each other's weirdness. :) (Oui!)

Aside from that, I got my package from Kayla yesterday and squealed like a little girl!

She had boxed up a bunch of Valentines' chocolate with a note that said: "This is to help you recover from those soul sucking dementors called professors! Happy Valentine's Day!" It made my life! :) There's a HUGE Hershey's Bar and tons of little things.

It was really just one of the best things ever. :)

I'm really thankful for all of my friends. I just want to remind you guys what a positive impact you've had on my life. All of you. Jenny, Christy, Meghan, Autumn, Kayla, Kali, Jilly, Savvy, etc.
I love you! :D

Love,
Mella

1 comment:

  1. and we are so very thankful we have you in our lives :)
    love you!

    ReplyDelete