Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Melissa's Voyage Into the Valley of Radical Self Love.

I don't even want to know what that sort of images that title summons for you... Keep it to yourself. (Ha!) At least, try to. I'll eventually explain what it means. First, though, I should probably tell you what's happened in the past five days.

Which, actually, is kind of a lot of nothing. I worked. I worked more. I went to stay with Meghan. Her little Bella was absolutely adorable. Panera was delicious. That bed I slept in was super comfy. Her library was insane amounts of impressive. And Frasier was funny.

Aside from this, not much has been going on. Really, I don't have much of a life to blog about (if I'm being honest), but I don't really think that's a problem.

The only thing I've really got to talk about is that tomorrow is my grandmother's birthday. And I'm going to try really, really, really hard to be a good girl and not scream or be difficult. I mean, yes, generally, she deserves it for being an all-out harpy bitch and harping at me for everything. But tomorrow is her birthday and I'm going to TRY MY DAMNDEST to be good. (God, be with me.)

Ah, yes... and now for the explaination about the title.

One of the blogs I follow (almost religiously), has introduced the idea to the world of Radical Self Love. What she means by this is that - above all else - you must learn to love yourself. Not solely just by buying yourself flattering clothes or finding just the right shade of lipstick, but you should love yourself in new and radical ways that you've never before thought of. It's really a very simple thing to do and, with my trip to Lush with Christy just a few weeks ago, I've decided I'm going to begin my own journey... to loving myself.

It sounds really cliche... I know. But isn't it the first cardinal rule of love that you must love yourself before someone else can love you? And I'm pretty anxious for the last part... So, as of today, I am starting a new blog dedicated solely to my... challange? I'll, of course, keep this one and update occasionally - in the off chance something happens...

But the other blog will be private (at least for now), because I feel my journey will be somewhat like Bambi first learning to walk - awkward and a tad embarassing. I'll keep you posted though.

And I think that's about it... so, without further adieu, have a great wednesday and wish me luck!

1 comment: