Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'm a Helper.

Today (technically I mean "yesterday," but 2am on Tuesday equates to the same as Monday night for me) I spent the day with Meghan as I usually do every Monday.

It was just the same as it always is, which means it was fantastic. :)

We met at Barnes and Noble - actually succeeding in getting there at the SAME TIME (three cheers for us!) and then made our way immediately to Starbucks, where she ordered... a different thing from what she ordered last time (the girl branches out) and I ordered the same tall caramel frap that I always get. Haha!

Then we sat down and discussed hairstyles and other stupidly shallow things before going off in search of this book. And let me tell you, this book was WORTH the time we spent looking for it and inquiring about it.

Meghan gave me several tests about my personality to gauge what sort of person I am. I'm a Helper. And I swear to god when she read what a Helper was, I almost cried because it was so DEAD ON.

Anyway, after my emotional whatever... we made our way to Panera, where we almost always go. I got what I always get (noticing a pattern?) and we made our way to a table.
However, it must be said that Meghan totally flipped me off because she said I didn't get enough ice in my Mtn Dew. "You're not European!" To which I simply replied, "Esta! Es! Espana!" And she repeated a similar sentence in German (This is Germany.) It made me giggle.

The next portion of the night was my favorite.

We spent GOD KNOWS HOW LONG tucked in a little corner of Panera, eating, laughing, and playing Fuck.Marry.Kill. It was the most brilliant time I've had in forever. I think I laughed so hard I cried at one point.

I love days like that. Days when the only reason I'm crying is because I'm so happy. Days when I forget about being mad. Days when all I do is sit there with someone who gets me, who accepts me, and just laugh about the stupid things we both say.

It's amazing and I adore Meghan more than words can say for giving me that escape from reality every Monday. It might not mean a lot to her, but it means the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment