Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Pessimism is a Weapon of Mass Destruction.

Today I lost twenty-one dollars. I know this doesn't sound like a big deal. So what? It's only twenty-one dollars, right? Not exactly.

See, I don't have a job. Meaning, I don't have money. So I pay my bills and buy my groceries when my parents give me an allowance (which sucks and makes me feel like a total brat.)

So the fact that I've lost the money for my half of the phone bill incredibly distresses me. I feel so guilty and stupid for having lost it somewhere on the massive campus at KSU. It's like I can't do anything right.

But despite the fact that I feel like crap, I'm not going to allow myself to mope. Because seriously, where's that going to get me? Absolutely nowhere.

Realistically, this could've happened to anyone.
Pessimistically, it happened to me.
Optimistically, though, I get to decide whether I'm going to let it ruin my life or not.

Yes, it was stupid. However, it was also a mistake. I didn't mean to lose it and I'm going to try not to let it happen again.

But before I do that, I have to remind myself that no matter what sort of crappy things happen to me, I can't focus on them. Being depressed is not nearly as great as being happy.

So seriously, Melissa, stop being such a Debbie Downer. Smile about things and appreciate what you do have. Even if you think it's hard, it's NOT impossible.

(God, Lilly. Thanks for the mental peptalk you totally just gave me during this blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment