Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Letter To You.


This is for you.

Hey, it’s me. I just want you to know that the person you are right now… The person who you’re unhappy with? I love that person.

I don’t even have to know you to know that you’re wonderful. Your every pore radiates it.

You are beautiful. Every flaw that you find in yourself only makes you more so. I can promise you that.

The breakouts you have when you’re stressed? They prove that you persevere through hard/stressful times. They’ll be gone in a week or so and you’ll still be kicking ass and taking names. You’re a little bit heavier than you’d like? Every curve of you is still gorgeous. Not to mention you are less likely to miscarry with your children. You’ve got freckles? Personally, I think freckles are gorgeous. They’re like constellations of stars across your body and what could be better than that? You feel like you’re not talented? I can promise you that in some way you are truly gifted. You may not be able to play Beethoven’s Fifth on the piano, but you could probably bake a delicious chocolate cake! Or you’re probably really good at being there for people (or animals sometimes, too) who need it! Regardless of what it is, I can promise there is something you excel at that not many others do!

I can promise you here and now that you are one of the most lovely people ever. There will never be another person on Earth exactly like you and that’s why you should love yourself.

This is my letter to you. My letter to assure you that no matter what your life is like right now, you are worthy of so much love and admiration.

You are a gorgeous, amazing, talented being and if you need reminded of that, let me know. I’ll be more than happy to tell you.

Love always,
Mella

1 comment:

  1. That was beautiful.
    And I know it's not to me, obviously. I don't really know you. But regardless, it made my day 1,000,000 times better.
    And I hope you know that that letter should be addressed to you. :)
    Because you are an amazing person.

    ReplyDelete