Friday, March 18, 2011

Why Do I Cry So Much?

You know how people generally have some sort of a vice or addiction they turn to when they're upset? Well, aside from music, I think mine is crying. Seriously. I don't eat any more when I'm upset (in fact, I probably eat less), I don't abuse alcohol, I've never touched drugs, I don't resort to violence (self-inflicted or otherwise), I don't have copious amounts of sex... None of it. I just cry. Profusely.

And, I mean, I think that's healthy. That I cry as opposed to doing the other things. But it does get quite exhausting...

I bring this up - obviously - because I've been crying a lot lately. My moods are prone to swinging like monkeys from tree limbs and these past few weeks are no exceptions. Last night, for instance, I was perfectly fine... then when I went to lay down to sleep, I just started crying. There was no rhyme or reason to it... I just cried.

Today, I went out with Jesse. We had fun. (Though I have to admit, it's not as exciting as it once was. I used to be THRILLED when we hung out and now I'm just mostly bored. :/ This upsets me.) Meghan hung out with us after we saved her from family time and that was fun, too - especially when I ate that cupcake I shouldn't have eaten. 
After we took Meghan home, we went to Jesse's and I left.
Since I got home, I've been trying to finish reading The Sun Witch, which is the first book in a series of books about the Fyne sisters (who are witches.) It's proving very difficult to get through. It's not because the writing is bad (actually, considering the fact that it's supposed to be a "smutty novel," it's pretty good), but because I keep crying. I won't give away any of the details because, like I said, it's an okay book; however, there are several parts in this book that have made be cry. 

I'm not even half finished and I really just wish it were over so I could read the thousands of books I have left to read from Christmas (and books I've picked up since like The Hunger Games and Beastly.) 

Aside from that, I've been trying to put together my schedule for fall. I was going to take classes this summer, but as they do not offer psychology classes during the summer, I suppose I won't be doing that. 
Instead, I'll be going to class on MWF. But it's okay. At least I won't have any late classes. THANK GOD. 

Otherwise, I'm doing okay. I mean, I'm still feeling this hopeless sense of despair about my life, but when am I not? 

I hope you guys are having a good week and that your weekend is filled with great things. :)

Love,
Mella

No comments:

Post a Comment