There's not really anything overly exciting about this day - aside from Post Secret being updated today - however, I'm going to use it as my overly belated Thanksgiving post (and to gush about how darling Tangled was.)
Batter up:
Things I Am Thankful For
- First, I am thankful for my life. I bitch and complain about it pretty much constantly. But the thought of death is terrifying. I prefer to be alive to experience all the good things... even if it means putting up with the bad.
- I am thankful for having a home. It may not be filled with all the love I could want, but it's a place to lay my head - a place to feel safe. And I am thankful for it.
- I am thankful for knowing what I want in life, even if they all seem impossible to achieve right now.
- I am thankful for having things like a computer, an ipod, a cell phone, a car, and other things I take for granted every day.
- I am thankful for nourishment.
- I am thankful for my family, in spite of how angry and sad they make me.
- I am thankful for my good memories and even the bad a little, too. They make the good ones seem all the more sweeter.
- I am thankful for Harry Potter. I grew up with him and I cannot imagine my childhood without him, Ron, and Hermione. :)
- I am thankful for my health and the health of those I love. I complain about having dry skin, fat feet, being chubby, poor eyesight and etc, but atleast I'm healthy.
- I am thankful for people who go out and do good in the world.
- I am thankful for music, movies, and books that keep me sane and help me keep my faith in the world and in love.
- But most importantly I am truly thankful for those who love me. My friends. The people who throw me parties and stand outside my window in the freezing cold. I love you guys.
Now that that's done...
I must say that Tangled was a cute movie.
I've always been kind of sad that the only princess I could "claim" was Aurora who I, of course, thought was a moron (Talking to strangers and animals, touching something someone told her not to, an inability to be anything other than beautiful.) It was childish of me, but I wanted Rapunzel to be a Princess I could relate to and LO and behold, Disney pulled through for me.
She was clumsy, spastic, trust worthy, a bit crazy, and, well, pretty awesome.
So, you know, there's that. :)
Aside from how great this movie is, I'm highly disappointed with Disney.
Apparently this is the last fairy-tale movie they'll be making because five and six year olds prefer to think of themselves as "hot" rather than as princesses.
So, you know, Disney's headed in a more Playboy direction and forsaking the good old princesses like Belle and Mulan.
Asshats.
I really hope Disney suffers for this idiocy. I can promise I won't be watching any of their films (or probably their tv shows though this is no great stretch as I never watch tv) until they come to their senses.
ANNNNNNNND that's really all I've got.
I'm sleepy anyway.
Au revoir!
p.s. I gave up on NaNoWriMo, but I've started writing something else. About sisters~ :D Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment