Monday, December 6, 2010

Truth.

I wish that there was one person who could look at me and honest to God just think I was the most beautiful thing on Earth.

I wish someone could look at me and tell me I was beautiful or pretty... Not because I'm sad or because I just want to hear it, but because they believe it, you know?

I look in the mirror and I see a whole lot of ugly.
I just assume that's what everyone else sees too.
And the only time anyone counters this thought is when I'm depressed and telling everyone how I feel...

They only say it to make me feel better.
But it doesn't.
I know they're just saying it because they think I want to hear it.
And I do. But I want them to mean it. I want them to believe it.

I want them to look at me and think. "Wow, she's really beautiful."
Not just "on the inside."

You tell people they're beautiful on the inside just because they're sort of unfortunate looking.
I don't want to be "beautiful on the inside."
I want to be beautiful on the outside.
I want people to believe I'm beautiful and tell me.

But it's a hopeless wish, isn't it?

I guess I'll get over it someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment