Saturday, June 18, 2011

Revelations While Reading about WWII.

So, for the past few days, I've been reading a book called Citizens of London. It's about Americans who supported Britain during the war before America joined it. It's a highly interesting book and I find myself falling in love with John Gilbert Winant with each passing page.

The reason I like Winant is because he was such a good person. He was an idealist and I'd like to be like him when I'm fully an adult.

Some people thought he was naive and I'm sure people will think I am as well, but he genuinely wanted the best for all people. Though he was rich, he wanted fairness for the working class.

Anyway, after thinking about Winant and my adoration for him, I've decided... I am idealistic now. I'm at that age where I'm learning how to think for myself and it's wonderful. I'm liberal in a lot of my views and I am truly an idealist. I believe in fairness, I believe in treating everyone well, I believe in good vibes and helping people... I know that eventually the world will probably ruin my optimism and I'll lose my tendency towards hopefulness, but right now, I'm just glad I have it.

I'm proud to be an idealist. I know that's not how the world works, but I can still hold onto my hope that it will work that way eventually...

That's really all I had to say.

Love,
Mella

No comments:

Post a Comment