Thursday, February 11, 2010

Things I Love Thursday: asdfghjkl.

You know those days when you wake up, look in the mirror and tell yourself, flat out - no matter what, that today is gonna be a good day? Well, today is one of those days, ladies and gentlemen.

This morning, I woke with an intense desire for today to be a good day. And, though it might not've been perfect, it has been good.

For example, during my drive to school, I recieved a phone call that made me smile and laugh at the sheer stupidity that is mine and my best friend's relationship. We talked of nicknaming our computers, Liam Neeson, marrying movies and James Cameron in a Vera Wang.

And though I'm not exactly sure what chemicals in our brain are imbalanced, I do know that we we *get* each other. We share the same feelings - even when we don't realize it. It throws me for a loop each time I realize we're more alike than I originally thought.

But you're not here for an intense analysis for my friendships (though I could spend all week on it), so here's what you came for:

Things I Love Thursday



when random people recognize your amazing taste in music and commend you on it; finally getting chik-fil-a after what seems like forever (and probably has been); going to class completely prepared* (note: this is a rare feeling for me, i'm generally a slacker to my very core); imagining up better endings to depressing classics, but never actually thinking seriously about them being changed (i.e. the awakening); "and so he confessed it to her, he had fallen in love."; when boys hold open doors for you; having someone in a boring class who makes you laugh when you're wishing ill on your professor; when someone tells you "i love you" and you honestly, genuinely believe them; sleeping beneath a billion blankets when it's freezing outside; when your vocabulary automatically becomes better after you read a novel (or maybe this just happens for me, i start calling women lady/ma'am and men sir and saying old school words that you never hear anymore); that feeling you get before your last class where you know the weekend is ALMOST THERE; eric bana (no - i'm completely and totally serious, i am in love with him.); final fantasy X-2 (i blame you, kali); rippal (you won't understand this unless you've played FFX-2); keeping track of my schedule in a planner/feeling organized!; when your computer battery isn't flashing and telling you it'd about to die when you're writing your tilt!

no. i'm serious! i've gotta stop there.

but i leave you with this, dear reader(s):

No comments:

Post a Comment