Growth is a good thing. I think we can all agree that. It's good to emotionally mature and grow as a person and it's good to grow physically (so we're not all 4'0" our entire lives - not that there's anything wrong with that.)
But at the same time, the mere prospect of growing old and growing up scares the shit out of me.
It's not that I'm avoiding it. It's just that I'm having a difficult time accepting it. I love being young. No heartburn. No arthritis. Less prone to illness. Who wouldn't want to stay in their twenties forever?
Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to start a family and such, but it just seems too much like people are wishing their life away. I can't wait until I get out of school, I can't wait until I get married, etc. We should appreciate the time we've got right now - love who we are now. We won't be the same forever.
Just, you know, take a moment to step back, realize where you are, and embrace it. Life's not so bad afterall, is it?
No comments:
Post a Comment